Call us:

(626) 351-8863

  • Health Certificates

    Sierra Madre Animal Hospital provides health certificates for domestic and international travel. For travel within the United States, clients traveling with their pets should check requirements of the state they are traveling to. We are required to meet that state’s individual requirements, including rabies vaccination requirements. Clients should also contact the airline company they are using, because the airline may have its own specific requirements. Many require that the physical examination be done and health certificate issued no later than 10 days before travel.

    For travel outside the United States, clients should contact the Consulate or Embassy of the country of destination for the latest requirements. The following website of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is a good resource:

    Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service

    The U.S. Department of State website is another useful resource:

    U.S. Department of State

    The process of meeting the requirements for travel with our pets can be complicated, especially for international travel. Make sure to do your research early to allow enough time to comply with all the regulations required. Feel free to contact our staff if you have any questions regarding health certificates or travel with your pet.